4/8/11

Vice President Scharman

1.  Please describe a way you will apply a leadership concept you have learned about this year as you lead in your family.

Family comes first. I think I will be able to better understand this concept as I have my own family. As of now, I know that  my busy life with school and work, that I still need to take time to drive 30 minutes up to Saratoga Springs to see my family at least every other week. As I have my own family, I've heard many times that in life, we will regret not spending more time with family than more time in the office. I think the best way to lead my family is to be available when they need me. This will show my family my love for them and desire to help them whenever they are in need. If I spread myself too thin, the more important things will not have room.

2. Vice President Scharman talked about the importance of developing structure in your home based on your individual time commitments.  Describe how you believe structure and order in your family life can help you lead in you family.  How can some form of structure and routine help you develop leaders in your family?

I guess I answered part of this question in the question prior. I think that establishing a schedule of when FHE is, temple day, spouse date, family outings, scripture study, and other wholesome family activities early in the development of a family, it will be easy to stick to it. As my kids grow up, they will be familiar with the routine of these activities and it won't seem like a burden. Of course the time commitments and level of activity won't stay the same, so it's important to always be evaluating what is best for everyone so that everyone gains the most out of our time together.


No comments:

Post a Comment