3/1/11

Response Questions for President Samuelson: February 14

1. President Samuelson explained the importance of accepting callings. Please describe how you plan to respond to different calls that will come to you over your lifetime.


I have not found it hard to accept callings. I am always eager to follow the call to serve. There have been instances when I was unsure of my ability to fulfill the responsibilities, but I have always been blessed with the ability to excel and be magnified by the Lord. President Samuelson talked about certain circumstances when an acceptance of a call would not be the best decision. I hope that I would have the inspiration and courage to act accordingly. I am a very willing and accepting person, so turning down an offer to serve or be more involved is very hard for me. I would need to keep the Lord involved in my decisions so that he could help me know what is best for me. 


2. President Samuelson identified the practice of being “too critical” of ourselves as being worse in effect than not being critical enough. How do your expectations of your own performance effect how you serve as a leader. How do you intend to avoid the practice of over self criticism?


I hold high expectations for myself; high above of my actually capabilities. I think that I try to model my behaviors too close the strengths of others that I neglect my strengths and unique leadership traits. I have not figured out the cure for self-criticism. I would like to be more humble and accept the talents and abilities I have been given and then focus my energy on magnifying those traits. 

3. President Samuelson shared his method of organizing his plans to include, long term, mid term and short term. What approach do you currently use in organizing the work you are responsible for? 


I organize my responsibilities according to the date necessary for them to be completed. I also look at the nature of the event/task and plot out specific things (milestones) that need to be done before the due date. One of my goals this year is to be more proactive.

4. Please describe your motive for serving in BYUSA. Has this motive changed or evolved as the year has gone by?


I believe I got involved in BYUSA with SAC so I could contribute my creative talent to a greater good. I was somewhat interested in advertising so I also wanted to test the waters. I have always been the type to want to be involved in something that makes a big impact. I love working with other people. I also love collaborating because it helps me see the divine nature and inspiration of others. 
I don't think that my motives have evolved drastically, but they have been expand. I still serve to contribute my talents, but I also serve to help inspire others towards excellence. There have been many people in my life who have had great faith in my potential. I want to pass on the same kindness and help others recognize their divine potential to be spiritually strengthened and to then go on to inspire others.









No comments:

Post a Comment