11/3/10

Reflection Questions: Nov 1


1. Considering your role as a leader, Please describe who you view as your “customers” and how you practice the idea of meeting the needs of those customers.

My customers are those i work with in the office and my responsibility is to make them happy. I learned that it doesn't work to instruct and counsel. It is better to compliment and support and they will follow in my example. I just need to be working hard and setting an example for them to look toward.

2. Please describe a time when you have been involved in a significant change.  Identify what those who were leading the organization did to help make the change successful or unsuccessful.

Recently, Phil has left the area for the rest of semester. And I didn't know what the next step was for me to do. I am grateful for Christy (you :D) who helped me organize and realize the changes that needed to be made. Sometimes with change, I push it aside and hope that it'll work out on its own. Or I need at least a day to have it settle in my mind so that I can think through it clearly and make necessary changes. But I know there have been times, and will be times, when I need to think on my toes. I am also grateful for my area and their willingness to take on a part of the volunteer area and make other adjustments.

3. Describe why you believe that Networking with others, is a vital part of leading change.

Networking helps build trust and respect in and with any organization. It shows others that you value their skills and you want to help them as well. I'm still trying to make the connection of how networking relates to leading change though. I think networking can be seen as communication. so if we communicate with those we associate with when change occurs, they can provide support, have understanding, or give of time or work. 

3 comments:

  1. also, with networking, you build the relationships so that when you need something, you will already have a contact. For example, if you want to redo your website, and you've already networked with web developers, it will be much easier to make that change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm just now seeing this... Hi Christy!

    ReplyDelete